So, you want to enter the Preseli Beast?
Please read the safety guidelines, equipment needed and new cut-off times below to help you decide which race to do and ensure you can compete on the day.
If you have any questions then please don’t hesitate to contact me via email – email@example.com, or via phone- 01437 532 40101437 532 401 / 07985 782 77207985 782 772.
If you want to enter from abroad and don't have a paypal account, then please fill in the paper entry form, email it to me, and pay via IBAN.
IBAN - GB85NWBK54101811052376 IBAN BIC - NWBKGB2L
SAFETY GUIDELINES & EQUIPMENT NEEDED
The form includes a declaration indicating that you understand the Welsh Fell Runners Association (WFRA) Safety Code, understand the risks associated with fell running and are entering at your own risk…..alongside other things. In case you have not visited the WFRA website http://www.wfra.me.uk/ , please see the safety code below…….
IMPORTANT NOTICE – RUNNERS AND SAFETY
The general philosophy in Fell / Mountain racing is that the competitor should take primary responsibility for their own safety on the Fells / Mountains. Please note the following:
- Arrive at the venue with as much kit as the organiser is likely to require you to carry on the day. This means windproof full body cover, other body cover appropriate for the weather conditions (e.g. waterproof full body cover, hat, gloves etc.), map, compass, whistle, emergency food (long races).
- UNDER WFRA SAFETY REQUIREMENTS THE ABOVE MINIMUM KIT IS MANDATORY FOR ALL CATEGORY ‘A’ LONG AND MEDIUM RACES WHATEVER THE WEATHER OR TIME OF YEAR.
- Have the necessary skills to cope with any navigational problems you may encounter, whatever the weather.
- Complete a Category ‘A’ short or medium race before running in a ‘long’ one.
- Be able to recognize the signs of hypothermia and hypoglycaemia in yourself and others.
- 24mile Beast requires you to carry FULL waterproof covering, gloves, hat, whistle and emergency food.
- Beast Bach require you to carry a minimum of windproof covering and whistle.
Signs of Hypothermia: not responding to conversation; unco-ordinated movement and speech; inability to think clearly; wanting to carry on in adverse conditions; skin cold where normally warm, such as under armpit. Immediate action: wrap in warm clothing.
Signs of Hypoglycaemia: confusion, ill co-ordinated movement and speech; weakness, hunger. Immediate action: drink glucose solution or suck sweets.
- Know what the organiser’s ‘drop-out’ procedures are and comply with them. As a minimum, if you retire you MUST notify the officials at the finish (and the nearest check-point marshal, if appropriate) before you leave the area.
- If you see someone in trouble: HELP, even if it costs you the race.
- Be aware that, by the nature of fell racing, first aid may not be readily available.
CUT -OFF TIMES
Cut-off times are being introduced to aid the organisation of the race and the general well being of you, the runners, and the legion of dedicated volunteers who enable the races to happen.
Please consider which race is appropriate for you based on your experience and ability. If you do not reach the designated cut-off points within the time specified you will finish the race there and make your way back to the start with a marshal. Your results will not be recorded past the cut-off point.
UltrabeasT. – Race start-09.00hrs Irrelevant for 2017!!!
Cut Off Point: CP8/Foel Feddau(18.7miles)- 5hrs 15min. (14.15hrs) (If you reach this point after cut-off time, you’ll be directed onto the homeward route to finish as per Preseli Beast route);
Cut off point CP9/Foel Drygarn(36.5km)- 6hrs (15.00hrs); If you're late here, you'll be heading back in the car with the marshals!
Finish approx- 8hrs, at an average 4mph.
Preseli Beast. – Race start-10.30hrs
Cut Off Point: CP3/Newport(11.6miles) – 2hrs 45mins (13.15)
Cut Off Point: CP7/Road crossing(17.3miles) – 4hrs 30mins; (15.00)
Finish approx- 6hrs, at an average of 4mph.
(Please Note- If you don’t think you can make the time, then either do the Beast Bach, or enter into the Ultrabeast and follow the homeward route from CP7 which would allow you to do the route with an earlier start, but would eliminate you from any of the category prizes.)
Beast Bach.- Start- 12.30hrs
Cut off point: CP6/Road crossing(5miles)- 2hrs. (14.30)_____________________________________________________________________
For ease of use, you can choose a t-shirt for your race when you get to the checkout.
Be aware: The t-shirts shown are in last year's colours so are due to change for 2017......you will get a similar design as shown but a different colour for each race. And no, I haven't decided what they will be yet!
That's all that's left to do is choose which distance you want to do!!! Simples!
NB-If you belong to a club or group, then please write it in the 'company name' field when at checkout!
No products were found matching your selection.